Followers

Thursday 4 June 2015

Daily Feline Prompt: Sniff you later

Felines have very strong scent memory. Tell us about a smell that transports you

Close to Tabby

“It’s all in the whiskers Fluffy.”

“You mean smell, of course. Who needs eyes when you can smell it. I could find a mouse miles away just by smelling it. This morning Roschti the ginger tom from next door walked through our territory, I could smell him. He has a funny smell, different to mine.”

“Fluffy of course he smells different, he is one of the other sort. By the way Mrs. Human seems to get annoyed when you mark your territory.”

“But all felines mark their territory.”

“Wrong: only male felines mark their territory, the problem being that you mark it on a different plant each time.”

“I like to keep a wide range of markings. You never know.”

“But Mrs. Human does know and she finds her wonderful perfumed garden does not smell so nice when you have done your spraying work.”

“She is very fussy. I would not mind if she did some spraying as well. That would underline the fact that it is all ours.”

“Humans don’t spray, at least not in the garden.”

“Humans are funny creatures.”

“I know Fluffy, but we should show consideration to the subordinate species. When they spray they call it cleaning with strange liquids. She even washes our food bowls every day, something to do with hygiene.”

“What’s hygiene?”

“It’s a human word, does not exist in meow, but I think it has something to do with a substitute for a tongue.”

“But they have tongues as well.”

“I know, but they use them to form something called words.”

“Ahh, I see, what a waste. I prefer to have a lick with my tongue. Did I tell you what I found in my fur yesterday?”


“No Fluffy, and to be quite honest I do not want to know. Go to sleep, that is safer.”

No comments:

Post a Comment