Followers

Sunday 14 June 2015

Daily Feline Prompt: The Feline Early Years

Write page three of your autobiography.


Tabby

“Hey Tabby, I haven’t seen that photo before.”

“Of course not Fluffy, you were then just a kitten when that was taken. It was one of my best moments, a young lady ready to challenge the human world. I was three years old, measured in human years of course.”

“You were quite handsome I must say and really looked like you were going places.”

“I know Fluffy, I went to a lot of places. Behind our home, in front of our home, in the garden, and over the field. Yes there was a world to explore and I did it all on my own. Note the proud look in my eyes. I was the star, the queen, I did it my way.”

“Err Tabby, I thought Nera was the queen, you know your older sister.”

“That was just an unlucky fluke of nature. I was ready to leave the safety of the maternal haven. There were four of us all lined up, me at the front. When the word came “time to go” I felt something push past me and I was No. 2. Nera decided she wanted to be No. 1 kitten and so I was  the eternal No. 2.”

“But now you are No. 1 Tabby.”

“That’s the funny thing about it all, Nera did all the thinking an organising and I could just take it easy. Now the responsibility lies on my whiskers.”

“Responsibilit for what?”


“For deciding when the time is ripe for a good sleep of course. See you later Fluffy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment