Followers

Saturday 16 May 2015

Daily Prompt: Singular Sensation

If you could have a guarantee that one, specific person was reading your blog, who would you want that person to be? Why? What do you want to say to them?

14.01.2014


Columbine

I thought a photo of this columbine would be appropriate to mourn the loss of my recognition of being a Pulitzer prize winner for blogs. Since my last effort on this daily prompt last year nothing has happened. I wrote my usual perfect contribution but it was ignored as always by the so-called experts. Thus the photo of the columbine which is growing quite near to my home, as it is known that they grow in cemeteries, where they feel at home amongst dead matter and it seems that my writing efforts remain as such.

I am still writing on my novel “Death of a Blogger”, and as soon as it is published I will let you know. It is difficult to find words to describe the misery a blogger must endure in the daily task of writing something completely different. However I am progressing. Our favourite blogger, me, was full of inspiration when I discovered that there were new things to write about daily. I went for long hikes, crawling back to my computer to tell everyone about it. I met Bloggerman and he gave me some advice. 

“Do not trust everyone that promises a daily new and spectacular theme. They will absorb your brains into a virtual world and you will be left empty, your ideas will be devoured by the prompt monster. They will be recycled and used against you in a year, when out of despair you will think of ending it all and taking your computer with you to the lost hunting grounds of the zombie bloggers.”

“The zombie bloggers?” I was shocked. My nerves were already fraying at the edges and now this.

“Yes Angloswiss, there are many of this kind. Their first enthusiasm was encouraged, their ideas were fed on by false programmers who were pretending to encourage you to blog. Once you are sucked into their world they begin to coax you with praises and even likes. Many of these likes are sincere, from your faithful followers, but there are the blog demons that invent new ideas and give suggestions which can be misleading.”

“You mean it is a trap”

“It can become one. Beware, many are the bloggers found in a crumpled heap with quivering fingers on their keyboard, attempting to include a link on their blog, or perhaps a prize suspicious photo.”

“You mean like mine?”

“Of course, you are all victims. Do not believe everything you read..”

“How do you think my chances are to escape.”

“You are already on stage 4, the road of no blogging return. You have it in your brain, in you skin, in your nerves. You are beyond help. Stage 1 is enthusiasm, stage 2 joy for every like you receive and stage 3 the road downhill begins when you notice the amount of spam exceeds the likes.”

“Is there a cure for this? I am desperate. I do not want to become a zombie blogger. I want to live.”

“There is a cure for everything. The ultimate way is to exterminate.”

“I don’t want to commit suicide.”

“Let me finish, do not interrupt. Exterminate the evil spirits that are feeding on your blogging world, let them starve and shrink. Forget them, do you own thing and above all be nice to everyone and eventually tell us all about it.”

“Just a minute those last words I recognise. You are a spy, you want my blogging ideas for yourself. You have given yourself away. You just want another blog from me.”

“You want to stop blogging?”

“No, not really.”

“Then carry on, there is something better than a blogging zombie.”

“And that is?”


“You are already there, the blogging addict.”

2 comments:

  1. Sounds almost like an episode of Doctor Who. Blogging Zombies Vs Daleks (exterminate!! exterminate!!")

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blogging addiction thing is catching :)

    ReplyDelete