Followers

Thursday 28 May 2015

Daily Prompt: A Mystery wrapped in an Enigma

Tell us something most people probably don’t know about you.

03.07.2013


The last time I was asked this question in 2013, things have not changed very much. I still visit the cemetery in the depth of night, mainly on full moon nights. A few more have joined me in the meanwhile, all sporting the badge “Daily Prompt vampires” and we have now absorb the facts of writing daily all about it. Thinking about it, this would be the time for you all to pose a question, just to help along with the prompt and of course to discover more about me and my darkest secrets.

  1. Do you write these blogs yourself?
  2. Where do you get your fantastic ideas from?
  3. What is your favourite subject to write about?
  4. What is your favourite blood group?
  5. Haven’t you got anything better to do with your time?

Peony

In the meanwhile my peonies are flowering in the garden, just at the right time. The German word for this flower is “Pfingstrose” which literally translated would be “Whitsun rose”. Yes the Germans are very exact with their descriptions, and if the peonies did what they should, they would all be flowering at Whitsun. I took this photo on Whit Monday, so again my influence prevailed.

“Stop showing off Angloswiss, we always flower at Whitsun since the past ten years.”

“Shh, don’t tell everyone. I want them to know what a perfect gifted gardner I came.”


“Actually we are a special sort of peony. We are not the show off filled flowers, but the plain perfect flower and in pink.”


First peony in spring in the garden 2

“We were here first, the original filled flower. Mrs. Angloswiss bought you pink lot on a special offer.”

“Now, now, stop arguing peonies. I like you all. The pink peonies were something special and I paid  twice as much for them. They are really something completely different.”

“But we red ones were here first. I remember when you planted us.”

“I know, they were given to me by a friend of mine. The main thing is you arrive regularly every year at the right time and you even spread your seeds in the garden increasing the amount of peonies. It is a shame that you only last a couple of weeks.”

“Mrs. Angloswiss it is hard work preparing those flowers and two weeks is long enough. We need the rest of the year to recover. Imagine producing human babies constantly, it would tire you out and you would need a rest.”

“I suppose you are right. Pink peony, stop glaring at the red peony, all peonies are equal in my garden.”

And so another hike awaits me with Mr. Swiss. Who knows where the path will take us this time. I heard something about cemetery so I will have to dress for the occasion. Now where did I put my black trousers and t-shirt? 


“Yes, yes pink peony, you can have a photo appearance all to yourself. See you all tomorrow, same time and same place with a new fantastic original blog.


Peony

No comments:

Post a Comment