Followers

Saturday 2 May 2015

Daily Feline Prompt: Beyond the Whiskers

When was the last time you did something completely new and out of your element? How was it? Will you do it again?



Tabby hiding in the bath

“Tabby what are you doing in that big water holder for humans. I think it is called a bath, although I understand bath as being something else.”

“I know what you mean Fluffy. A bath is a outstretched tongue travelling over the fur and now and again finding something that does not belong there.”

“You mean like foreign bodies and such. I often find a lot of loose fur that I have to remove. Mrs. Human says she notices it when she empties the cat tray.”

“She notices everything. So leave me to think about things in this bath.”

“But baths are not for thinking, they are for something human called washing. I am sure humans could save having a bath when they would follow our example with a quick lick.”

“Wouldn’t work Tabby, human tongues are not designed for a wash.”

“Then what good are they?”

“No idea Tabby, I think it is something to do with talking and eating.”

“Aha, but they don’t even use their tongues for drinking. I am sure humans have a constructional defect.”

“Of course they do, we should pity them. Not everyone can be as perfect as we felines.”

“So now for a quiet cool moment in this bath thing. Time to think about something completely different.”

“We felines don’t do different Tabby, we do the same.”

“Sorry, Fluffy, the prompt was misleading. So let’s do the same. Is the dish filled with tuna? I heard the sound of a tin opener.”

“Yes Tabby, time to go, but don’t scratch the bath thing, Mrs. Human does not like feline scratches on her clean bath.”


“No problem, I will just lick over them and no-one will see them.So let’s go, its tuna fish time.”

3 comments:

  1. Hi Pat, pleased to see your kitties haven't changes and are as delightful as ever.

    Am missing Minx and look for her in my dreams. found her the wee hours of this morning and was able to love her and tell her she was alright and I would always be with her. My Muffin, the Persian I had before Minx was there too hissing at many other cats that were there too. In fact my bed was covered with them. I got sent back here in a strange looking box thing but feeling a lot better knowing Minx was with Muffin and the others. Someone (two actually) people opened the box to let me out. I woken up then with someone knocking on my door. It was my brother and his wife.

    Am going to get another kitten next weekend and am thinking of getting two...is this a wise move do you think? Are two harder to deal with than one? I need the company and this time it/they will be in house cats. No terrorizing the neighbourhood like Minx did.

    Take care my friend. Huggles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some felines bond, and some do not. Tabby and Nera were litter sisters and grew up together, so there was never a problem. Fluffy was never really accepted by Tabby and Nera, but it was a case of living together and getting on with it. They have their own characters and generally when they live together, they put up with each other. There might be a few hisses, but not much more.

      Delete
  2. I've never known our cats to go in the bath but once, before we invested in an electonic cat flat that only opens to our cat's microchip, we had a stray wander in and make itself comfortable in our bath. It was quite a shock for my son when he wandered in half asleep in the morning!

    ReplyDelete