Followers

Thursday 5 March 2015

WordPress Daily Prompt: Imitation/Flattery

Write a post about anything you’d like — in the style of your favorite blogger. (Be sure to link to them!)


Link to what? In the good old days, about 2 years ago, when this was a place to look forward to, enjoy, inspire your writing abilities I answered this prompt in memory of Mr. Mad and I still honour his efforts in the blogging world. He took small steps, but his memory was a big step in my blogging world. And now:

Wordpress404

I really wanted to get inspiration from the grid. I know many bloggers here that write good blogs and so I decided to search. Unfortunately most of the had gone or for some reason their sites were abandoned. On the other hand I do not pick one blogger above the others. We all have our battles to fight and most of us eventually give up when confronted with such a lazy couldn’t care less motivation that we get from WordPress, so why should I bother?

I ask myself the question daily. I was waking from my golden oldie sleep and felt a nudge in my brain.

“Arise and write the daily prompt.”

“Huh? What daily prompt?”

“The one that arrives punctually daily to tickle your inspiration and lead you to form untold conquests.”

 It says:

“Sometimes, you sit down to blog but your words and photos get stuck — prompts give them a push. We publish a new one every morning.”

What new daily prompt every morning? Ok, in my time level it is afternoon, but that is a detail. The problem is I no longer get new ones, but they are already approaching their second birthday. I was going to suggest ….. but he is no longer here, a victim of the dreaded 404 error. I combed through the grid and found many have disappeared, gone to the happy blogging hunting grounds never to reappear, so why do I bother?

I live in hope that one day the sun will arise on a re-invigorated land of new prompts, ready to be absorbed and to tell everyone all about it. Instead I am contracting a bipolar disorder when someone mentions the word “daily prompt”. My mood roams from happy go lucky to somber funeral tones. I have been abandoned to a world somewhere in between blog and no blog. My inspiration has gone, Even my computer keys are blocked with saltwater from the tears I shed in frustration. Where is this leading?

Daily prompt bloggers everywhere, unite and fight against this evil influence that is destroying our flow of inspirational blogs. Blogni, bloggdi, bloci as our Roman blogging forefathers wrote when engraving their stones, or employing papyrus stalks, dipping them in the ink of past civilisations. We are here to blog, not to pull out old dying prompts from the mire of forgetfulness.

How many of our blogging brethren still exist, are still breathing the proud air of writing something completely different, a new blog, one to take over the world? Is it surprising when only 50 shades make an impression on the blogging world, when we are not encouraged to produce something new and revolutionary to leave a mark on the realms of blog.

Don’t cry for me bloggers, I am one of you, born into this mire of repetition. There was a time when I would have felt honoured to become blogger of the year, win a Pulitzer prize (or a Nobel would do). Today this triumph is no longer something to be remembered by, but an insult on your blogging intelligence.

“What? She got a Pulitzer! For a blog, but not one of those repeat blogs with the frim fram sauce and the chafafa on the side.”

Unfortunately that is all that is left to nurture our blogging spirit.

I rest my case, but will be back with fire in my spirit and will take my revenge.


I just noticed according to my computer this blog has 666 words, is this an omen?


Click here for more

2 comments:

  1. I wonder whatever happened to Mr Mad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He passed away about half a year before Multiply ended. There was a posting to inform those that were his colleagues on Multiply. I knew he suffered quite heavily from diabetes and he was not in such good health and had a carer. I also believe he was quite overweight. He was actually an electrician in his working days, but could write a good story although now and again the language was a bit colourful.

      Delete