Followers

Saturday 28 March 2015

Daily Feline Prompt: Food for the Feline Soul (Whiskers and Paws)

Tell us about your favourite meal, either to eat or to prepare. Does it just taste great, or does it have other associations?



Liver and broccoli

“Tabby what are you doing wearing that human apron?”

“It is time to prepare food for the feline soul Fluffy, and what could be better than fresh kill and I do not want every feline in the territory to smell the benefits of what I am cooking.”

“Did you kill that yourself Tabby?”

“No, of course not Fluffy, we cannot have my faithful blog disciples thinking I am some sort of a feline killer cat. I put it on Mrs. Human’s shopping list on her iPad and it worked.”

“You mean we can transfer our paw texts to the human iPad.”

“Of course, just a matter of knowing how. I found the instructions online from the feline text assistant pages, no problem.”

“Did Mrs. Human mind you putting stuff on her list.”

“We will never know Fluffy, I sneaked it out of her shopping bag before she noticed that she had a few items she did not really want.”

“There was more?”

“Of course, you cannot eat such luscious tender animal parts without spicing it up. I have some catnip, tarragon (just a few pinches) and something called catweazle powder.”

“What is that?”

“A new spice, I saw it on the feline channel on the Feline TV introduced by the master feline cook Tiddles Oliver. Apparently you take one portion of mouse whisker, finally pulverised in the mortar and add a pinch of ground tuna fish bones. Afterwards you mix it with paw essence. It is the best food spice since marking juice.”

“Sounds great, so what are you cooking?”

“I though devilled liver à la Mode de Tabby.”

“Is that a new version of Meow language you are using?”

“Yes, all the famous chat de cuisine apply it to the description of their dishes.”

“Looks great.”

“Fluffy, what are you doing? It is not yet ready to be eaten.”

“Oh, do you have to put something else in it.”

“No, but the accompanying water has only now been poured into the bowl, and we have to let it breathe for a few moments to be able to savour the complete aroma.”

“Tabby, I am not fussy, I drink water pure, straight from the puddle, tap or toilet. Tastes all the same to me.”

“That is because you are a Selkirk Rex Feline. You do not have it in your feline taste buds like a pure Tabby Feline.”

“And you do?”

“I do not have the mark of the MacDonalds “M” on my forehead for nothing. So now we can begin.”


No comments:

Post a Comment