Followers

Saturday 14 February 2015

WordPress Daily Prompt: Cupid's Arrow 2

Write an ode to someone or something you love. Bonus points for poetry



Orchid

Cupid shot an arrow
It was two years ago
I wrote about it then
To tell my tale of wow

I do not feel like writing
an ode to anyone
I have just been in the garden
Cutting trees, it was not fun

Mr. Swiss was helping, 
he was also not so keen
We chopped away at branches
I felt so very mean

’Twas then I saw a flower
It was blossoming so well
A crocus had survived
so yellow and so swell

Cupid did his best
to compensate for pain
My back was hurting and my feet
But a crocus was a gain

The ground was wet and soggy
There still was snow around
It was cold and mucky
but I was safe and sound

Because the work was done
I sat and drank some tea
and then I turned my aching neck
An what was it I did see

Last week there was a bargain
Mr. Swiss went to the store
He brought home a lovely orchid
For me and him and more

My pain it went, all misery gone
An orchid smiled at me
I forgot the trials of writing a blog

And drank my cup of tea


No comments:

Post a Comment