Followers

Friday 7 November 2014

WordPress Daily Prompt: Return Address

Yesterday, your pet/baby/inanimate object could read your post. Today, they can write back (thanks for the suggestion, lifelessons!). Write a post from their point of view (or just pick any non-verbal creature/object).


Dogs seen in Migros Restaurant, Langendorf

“Bob, do you think she has forgotten us?”

“No Fido, she is talking to that female human on the table on the other side of the restaurant. Just take it easy and have a rest. She will be back and then we have to go for another one of those boring walks.”

“I don’t want to have a rest. Look Bob, Bob, that lady there, she has a camera in her hand.”

“OK, Fido, stay cool. Just remain where you are, don’t move and smile.”

“You think I will become famous.”

“Who knows, she is a famous blogger. Yesterday she wrote a blog about a conversation with a vacuum cleaner.”

“With a what????”

“A vacuum cleaner. Those humans do stuff like that now and again. Just humour her. Perhaps we might be he subject of today’s blog.”

“I don’t know if I want to be compared with a vacuum cleaner. I am a dog, smell like a dog, and walk like a dog. I think she is taking another photo,”

In the meanwhile I walked on further, and the dogs remained where they were. I saw their owner. She was still busy talking to another person in the supermarket restaurant. Just one of those moments. I was glad to get out of the house away from a talkative vacuum cleaner.

Actually I was on my way to the computer department. My new computer is great and working well, but I cannot receive or send e-mails. I think I know why, but the sales man offered to take a look. He is actually a student working in the supermarket electronic department a few days a week. I think he loves his job, as he is mixing work with pleasure. He has two apple computers at home. I packed out my computer (who was very excited because he was allowed out - no, stop it Angloswiss, objects do not get excited). The young man took a close look at the computer, played with it and more or less confirmed what I suspected. 

Apple has a new system with the romantic name of Yosemite, some sort of wild west thing. Our Swiss e-mail provider, known as bluewin, seems to have a problem with Yosemite. Either it does not understand the word, or it is not agreeable to the system. It seems that Yosemite is acceptable all over the world, but not in Switzerland. Bluewin has gone on strike. Until our super intelligent computer provider scientists develop a solution, I will have to be patient. I noticed on Internet that I am not alone with this problem. It is the subject of a discussion on the bluewin forum site, which I also joined in. I did not get very far with my complaint (probably due to the fact that I had to write German, which I cannot), but we are all in the same boat.

Luckily my old computer is still receiving and sending mails, as well as my two iPads and iPhone, so I am not isolated in this cyberworld. In the meanwhile life goes on. After organising my shopping I left the supermarket, walking past the restaurant, where my doggy friends were still waiting for their lady who was still deeply engrossed in her conversation.

“Look Fido, that famous lady blogger is walking past again and she is taking another photo.”

“Yes Bob, just stay cool. Tomorrow we will be famous throughout the blogging world I am sure. Move over, I think you are laying on a doggy biscuit.”

“Sorry Fido, I though it was uncomfortable. Help yourself.”

“Thanks Bob, I can smell cat.”

“So can I, I think she often visits the supermarket restaurant and gets fed with all sorts of samples from the customers.”

“Typical cat. All we dogs get is a photo which we cannot eat, and cats are fed. Let’s chase her.”

“Not possible Fido, we are captive, tied to a restaurant chair.”

“Yes, it’s a dog’s life.”


And I left the supermarket and the dogs. Oh, what an exciting life I lead. At least if I am bored I can have a conversation with my vacuum cleaner, at the courtesy of someone in the WordPress cyber world. Tomorrows challenge: write a reply letter to your inanimate object and enclose a photo of yourself.


Click here for more

1 comment:

  1. We all know dogs can talk.......when I had mine, they used to talk to me all the time!!

    Hope the boffins at Bluewin manage to find a way for their system to become compatible with Yosemite soon.

    ReplyDelete