Followers

Thursday 23 October 2014

WordPress Daily Prompt: Ready, Set, Done 5

Our ten-minute free-write is back! Have no mercy on your keyboard as you give us your most unfiltered self (feel free to edit later, or just publish as-is).



Heart Potato


Another ten minute free write which brings as much inspiration as a potato

“I am a heart shaped potato, not every potato is heart shaped.”

“I know, so what am I supposed to write about a heart shaped potato, or will you change into an artichoke if I kiss you.”

“No, not exactly, but I will get wet. You can peel me and perhaps even cook me. I promise I am tasty to the last bite and I won’t scream.”

“How can I kill a heart shaped potato?”

“That’s life. Some are born to write boring daily prompts and others are born to be eaten.”

“I suppose that is true, although I cannot cook and eat a potato that I had a conversation with. It would be murder. You were not the only potato, I bought a whole kilo. I have already cooked the others. Do you think they suffered.? It just so happened that you were heart shaped, so I saved you for a photo.”

“No, of course we were having quite an exciting conversation before we were separated about our futures, boiled or fried. You know, if I am peeled I look even better. Naked potatoes can be really sexy.”

“I never thought of you in that way, you mean that my blog might be banned if I took a photo of you without the outside layer, peel-free.”

“Try it”

“I cannot bring it over my heart to peel you.”

“If you just leave me I will dry out and shrivel and no-one likes a shrivelled potato.”

“Ok, you have convinced me. I will peel you and cook you. What do you prefer hashed browns, mashed potato, French fries or a röschti.”

“Ohhh a röschti sounds good. Really exotic, but fry me in butter. I love butter.”

“And you really don’t mind. It will be death by grating and frying. Can you forgive me?”

“Mrs. Angloswiss, forget it. I am a potato, not a living thing. Think of all the vegetarians that are convinced that eating potatoes has no negative effects on the life of a potato.”

“But we are having a conversation. Hello, hello”


Did I dream that? Or was it just something stupid for a 10 minute writing exercise to keep the guys in the WordPress t-shirts happy. I hate this Thursday prompt. Someone said it reminded them of throwback Thursday. It reminds me of a Throw-away Thursday. Oh and yes, the potato disappeared with some of its brothers and sisters in a röschti.

Click here for more

1 comment:

  1. When the chips are down, you can count on potatoes :-))

    ReplyDelete