Followers

Tuesday 30 September 2014

WordPress Daily Prompt: Truth Serum

You’ve come into possession of one vial of truth serum. Who would you give it to (with the person’s consent, of course) — and what questions would you ask?



Balloon over Estate, Feldbrunnen


Today our daily prompt is hovering, just like this balloon over our village. There is none and now there is a knock at the door.

“Hello Mrs. Angloswiss”

“Why hello Wordy. How nice to see one of my friends (I only have one) from WordPress. What can I do for you.”

“I have a vial of truth serum. Choose carefully who you want to give it to and when they give their permission you can ask them some questions.”

“That is wonderful Wordy, if it was another day I would naturally choose the prime minister and ask him a few down to earth questions, but we now have a changed situation, so I will have to give you the truth serum and ask you a few questions about why we have no daily prompt today.”

“That’s not my department Mrs. Angloswiss.”

“Wordy, I don’t care, now drink that stuff and I will ask a few questions.”

“Sorry, no permission granted. There are secrets and facts that you would prefer not to know.”

“Are you threatening me Wordy, I warn you.”

“Mrs. Angloswiss put me down and stop shaking me. The truth will not fall out of me. I am sworn to secrecy.”

“Wordy there will be no chocolate cake until I know the truth. Time after time we daily prompt disciples meet with disappointment when we see a big “0 Responses”. We are locked out of the prompt, we are looking in through a window. It is a Stepehen King story that is happening in reality. Now drink the serum.”

“Mrs. Angloswiss what are you doing. Gulp, gulp, gulp.”

“After holding Wordy's nose and pouring the liquid down his throat I can now discover the truth behind this Daily Prompt mystey. Wordy can you hear me. I will ask you some questions.”

“I can hear you Mrs. Angloswiss.”

“Who is jepadizing our daily prompt.”

“It is a secret group, they are planning to overthrow the WordPress world. They have captured our leader. They are not in agreement with our wonderful wise words of daily prompt. They want to revolutionise our wonderful grid system, bring back the pingbacks and find that our newly designed “Boop, Boop, Beep” signal is insufficient. Our leader is now being tortured by reading all the daily prompts for the last two years. He is in despair, screaming “no more, I cannot stand it”.

“This sound serious Wordy, you mean there are actually rebels that want to revert to the old system. I wonder why?”

“There is always resistance to the new. Look what happened to Windows 8. No-one bought it, they had to change it and I heard today that Windows 9 will be bringing some of the old ideas back.”

“True Wordy, but that is no excuse. I have another question. What are WordPress planning for the future.”

“Not even I know that Mrs. Angloswiss. One of our leaders has a dream and he imparts the dream to his followers.”

“What if the dream is not good, a nightmare.”

“Makes no difference Mrs. Angloswiss, even nightmares have to be applied.”

“It looks like there have been quite a few lately. And what about my WordPress t-shirt?”

“No, Mrs. Angloswiss, do not force me. I must tell the truth, and the truth can hurt. Yuck, eeee”

“Wordy talk to me, you have barfed all over my floor.”

“At last, oh that serum is disgusting, but it is now out of my system at last.”

“What about my t-shirt Wordy.”

“Sorry Mrs. Angloswiss, one vial of truth serum now finished. Can I go? And don’t mind about serving chocolate cake, my digestive system is upside down at the moment.”

Wordy left and I am none the wiser. The daily prompt is still not working. I will upload it when it is all systems go, but at the moment the systems have disappeared.


Click here for more

2 comments:

  1. He could have at least cleaned up the mess before he went!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But half an hour later it was working again after an official complaint from me on the forum with support from my followers. It is very annoying,

      Delete