Followers

Saturday 13 September 2014

WordPress Daily Prompt: To-Do? Done!

Quickly list five things you’d like to change in your life. Now, write a post about a day in your life once all five have been crossed off your to-do list.



In a bus near WhitechaIMG_0115pel telephone


·         errr?
·         Hmm
·         Ah yeah
·         Oh
·         Pulitzer Prize for blogging


The life of a blogging golden oldie leaves no time for thinking about things to change in life. I am too busy working out how to succeed with No. 5. That Pulitzer blogging prize is so elusive. I have to continuously dust the empty place on the book shelves where it will stand. Visitors always ask why do you have such a strange dust free empty place between the books. I tell them I am waiting for an important delivery.  That is the problem. Until No. 5 is crossed off this list, there is no future and so no post about a day in my life.

I have got it all behind me. I am a golden oldie and believe me I really do not want to change anything more in my life.

1. I wanted to leave England – I did.

2. I wanted to learn a second language fluently – I did, although Swiss German is not a world language, but you take what you are offered.

3. I want to be able to retire in the evening and wake up in the morning. Yes well that is OK up to now. There is no way of knowing when this will change. That is the spice of life/death.

4. I want a cook, domestic help, and a nice big numbered bank account on the Bahnhofstrasse in Zürich.

As you can see I am a moderate person, am satisfied with my life with just a few small exceptions.

Isn’t this a stupid prompt, or is it me?

Today’s day in my life is the same as other Saturdays, although something is missing. Where is Wordy? Since he forgot to post the daily prompt last week, he has disappeared. He has become a fugitive. No-one knows where he is. There was a rumour he joined a Closter and became a monk. It seems he is the only monk wearing a habit with a WordPress emblem on the back of his hood. I also heard that he left the country and tried to enter Facebook, but they would only accept his application if he completed the ice bucket challenge. He tried to join the mafia, but he was told that the quota had been filled for WordPress exiles.

Just a moment there is a knock at the door.

“Hello Wordy, I was worried, you disappeared.”

“Shhh Mrs. Angloswiss, not too loud, the spies are everywhere.”

“Are you hiding? What’s wrong?”

“If someone finds me there is a reward and there is nowhere I can go.”

“How much is the reward Wordy?”

“Mrs. Angloswiss can I hide in your cellar, or perhaps use the tunnel our WordPress robot built to escape.”

“Wordy, the tunnel no longer exists. That prompt was a couple of weeks ago. Now stop crying, you are making your WordPress t-shirt quite wet. I know, if you can fulfil No. 4 in my second list, I will hide you in the garden shed. Are you frightened of spiders and beetles?”

“That’s OK Mrs. Angloswiss. Spiders and beetles could never be as bad as the dreaded WordPress revenge. What shall I cook this evening, just make a list of the household chores and I will visit the bank tomorrow.”

“And the Pulitzer blogging prize.”

“Mrs. Angloswiss, I am only a WordPress human and we tend to forget things.”

“Ok, Wordy, here is a piece of my famous chocolate cake, but think of your t-shirt. Chocolate makes stains. And get up from your knees and stop kissing my hand. This evening you can cook chilli con carne.”

Sometimes there are advantages is writing a regular daily prompt. Even the bad prompts can be improved.

Click here for more

No comments:

Post a Comment