Followers

Thursday 25 September 2014

WordPress Daily Prompt: Ready, Set, Done

Our free-write is back by popular demand: today, write about anything — but you must write for exactly ten minutes, no more, no less.



The blackbird and the owl


I am not counting the quarter of an hour I just needed to upload a few photos, because by popular demand some people want us to write about anything and it is not my thing to write about anything. I lead a boring life, nothing really happens, no spotlights from the sky surrounding my aura and harps playing in the background. I hate these do-it-yourself prompts.

The last popular demand theme was saved by two crows that were perching on a roof and watching me with their beady eyes. This time I am sitting on the porch, no crows and a sleeping feline in the garden. This photo was taken in the morning of a female blackbird that does a regular worm search. Yesterday she had one in her beak proudly displaying it in my garden. I naturally dived for my super camera, nearly fell down on the way, and probably made so much noise that she had gone when I was ready. Note the owl looking on. One of my newest additions to the garden scenery from the local supermarket. I am looking forward to Halloween and hoping I can buy a few skeletons and ghosts to spread around the garden.  I was wondering if they would have some coffins. I could fill them with earth and plant something in them like deadly nightshade or stinging nettles. That would create a perfect atmosphere and I am sure my garden would be the envy of the neighbourhood.

After awakening from my golden oldie midday sleep my first action was to grab my iPad, which was lying next to my bed, and see what the wizards of WordPress had for us today. I wondered whether to sleep for a further hour when I saw the subject matter or go into action in the hope that anything might happen worth a Pulitzer Prize. It did. I cleaned the shower and discovered that the water was not running away as freely as it should. There seemed to be a blockage. After a few muttered profanities Mr. Swiss came to assistance and unblocked. In the meanwhile I continued tidying the garden cupboard which he had started and afterwards returned to the shower to finish my original chores. Last year we organised the garden cupboard, but it seems that various objects had found their way into the cupboard which did not belong there, such as five large empty cardboard boxes. Luckily last year’s spiders as moved on to the spider happy hunting grounds, and their remains were just hanging around in last year’s web.

It was then that Mr. Swiss discovered we had almost no bread. As I am not empowered to distribute two slices to feed a whole family, like some other guy once did, Mr. Swiss has now disappeared on a quest in to a local supermarket. Actually I don’t mind, because this time he is going to the special supermarket, the one that has gourmet stuff, although I do not know how a gourmet bread looks.

Still two minutes to go. How I hate these daily prompts. I mean if I wanted to write what I wanted to write, what I feel like writing, I would not do the daily prompt. It is a free blogging country and we can write what we want to in any case. I think the people at WordPress have their annual excursion to Silicon valley. They have all packed their laptops in the rucksack and are writing about anything accompanied by a glass of an energy drink of some kind.

Time is up, Mr. Swiss has returned from the gourmet supermarket so I must see what goodies he has brought us, apart from the gourmet bread.

See you all on the flip side.


Click here for more

1 comment:

  1. Entertaining to say the least Pat. I love how you always sound so happy. hope your Mr Swiss brought back lots of goodies. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete