Followers

Monday 8 September 2014

WordPress Daily Prompt: Greetings Stranger

You’re sitting at a café when a stranger approaches you. This person asks what your name is, and, for some reason, you reply. The stranger nods, “I’ve been looking for you.” What happens next?

“I don’t remember you asking if you could sit at my table.”


“You are the person I was looking for.”

He had a briefcase with him and took out a document.

“Tell me your name, just to put my records in order.”

“Who are you? No, just a minute. Stand up and remove your jacket.”

“Do what?”

“You heard. Now turn around Hold your arms out so that I can take a good look at that t-shirt you are wearing. Ok, sit down.”

“What was that about?”

“I just wanted to check that you were not wearing a WordPress t-shirt. Those guys are all over the place.”

“You mean Wordy?”

“Go”

“But I only asked for your name.”

“Anyone who knows Wordy realises that he only comes on Saturday and since yesterday I do not even know if I will open the door when he rings twice.”

“Poor Wordy.”

“Poor Wordy. He looked quite healthy the last time I saw him.”

“He had a breakdown yesterday and had to be delivered to the WordPress sanatorium for a regeneration. He forgot to upload the daily prompt. We hope he will be back in action next Saturday.”

“I noticed. I knew it. You are from WordPress in a disguise, without t-shirt.”

“Just tell me your name and you might win a t-shirt.”

“Oh well, in that case, I am Mrs. Angloswiss, also known as tabbynera and sometimes Pat Gerber-Relf. It depends where I am in internet. Sometimes I am known as Mrs. Human, but only by my cats. I am size XXL in t-shirts and I would like it in blue to match my eye colour with white letters. You will find me in the village of xxxxx just down the road from the supermarket and I am always at home on Tuesday and Thursday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning I am shopping here, otherwise just leave the t-shirt in a parcel in the letter box.”

“You are overwhelming me Mrs. Angloswiss.”

“You have overwhelmed me. So where is my t-shirt.”

“Just a moment, I have to check on my list if you are qualified first of all.”

“Do you see that gentleman that has just sat down on the table opposite. The one that looks like Bruce Willis in disguise? And we all know what Bruce Willis does for his living.”


Marcel Langendorf


My anonymous man without the WordPress t-shirt began to shake.

“That is Mr. Swiss and I will ask him to check your t-shirt list. I am sure he will find my name on it.”

Things happen, the unknown stranger without the WordPress t-shirt suddenly disappeared in a puff of blue smoke. Just my luck, I will never get my WordPress t-shirt.


Click here for more

3 comments:

  1. These Wordpress folks are even mote intrusive than the Google Street-view people!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;) never say 'never.' :D

    ReplyDelete