Followers

Wednesday 20 August 2014

WordPress Weekly Writing Challenge: My Dear Watson

Life just isn’t the same without your trusty sidekick. For this week’s writing challenge, tell us about your partner in crime.


Spaghetti with Meatballs


“Wait! Stop!”

“Who is shouting?”

“It’s me, your spaghetti string. You are not going to eat me like that! How do you expect me to enter your digestive system without my partner?”

My plate of spaghetti is talking to me, at least one string? What am I doing wrong? This is stupid, spaghetti does not talk.

“Who says we don’t talk. In an emergency situation we have to talk.”

“Ok, spaghetti string, so what is the problem?”

“Do you really intend to eat me without my partner.”

“You have a partner?”

“Of course. He is very worried sitting in the fridge all on his own. He thought his big break had arrived and we spaghetti strings were quivering with delight awaiting the arrival.”

“I still do not know what you are talking about.”

“The parmesan cheese of course: during the short life of a spaghetti, before we are digested by the human body, we have little pleasures, but one is to be eaten with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese, so go get him.”

My spaghettis were now standing up on the plate and trembling in unison. I rushed to the fridge and found the parmesan cheese in a glass dish. Did I see a movement on the surface? No it was just my imagination. I put the parmesan on the table and a loud sigh of relief came from the spaghetti strings. Suddenly a cloud of parmesan rose and dusted the spaghetti with a layer.

“Oh, at last” and the spaghettis and they all seemed to breathe a communal sigh of relief.

“I am so glad” said the parmesan. “We thought she was going all healthy and decided to leave us in the fridge, but now we are here spaghetti. Let us be digested together. We belong together.”

The spaghetti and the parmesan cheese seemed to be involved in a scientific discussion about complementary tastes.

“Excuse me spaghetti and parmesan, may I now eat you with the meat balls, or shall I ask the meat balls for permission.?

“No, that’s OK” answered the spaghetti and the parmesan together. “The meatballs are just an extra to fill the plate, but we spaghettis and parmesan are a team. We belong together. Would you eat spaghetti without parmesan?” asked the spaghetti.

“And would you eat parmesan without spaghetti” said the parmesan.

“No, I suppose I would not. But I am now going to eat you both. I hope you do not mind?”

“No problem, it is our fate and after the digestive process we are at last united and will be reborn.”

I was a little unsure of the spaghetti-parmesan logic, but I must admit spaghetti with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese is a perfect partnership, they belong together like me and Mr. Swiss.


Click here for more

1 comment:

  1. Can't argue with the logic of the Spaghetti and Parmesan. They were made for each other!!

    ReplyDelete