Followers

Saturday 26 April 2014

WordPress Daily Prompt: He's (She's) So Fine - in the Feline Sense of the Word

What was it that drew you to your significant other? Their blue eyes? Their ginger countenance? Their smile? Their voice?



Fluffy drinking water


Perhaps the numbered bank account, perhaps the Swiss Passport, perhaps the thing about being married to a Swiss – oh forget it. WordPress it is none of your business and if I blog for a few thousand followers, then not about my private life. The numbered bank account would have been nice, but there are always exceptions to the rule. I have a Swiss Passport, but also have an English passport and use them according to the situation.

I have three felines, Nera, Tabby and Fluffy. Above you can see Fluffy having a drink of water. What drew him to the water was his thirst. Fluffy was the third in the group, Nera and Tabby being litter sisters and Fluffy being just Fluffy.

“Before you continue Mrs. Human, nothing at all drew me and my sister Tabby to Fluffy, so do not ask. That was your decision. Fluffy is not one of us, he is one of those that actually knows who is mum and dad were, with all the documents: a planned family, the product of a Selkirk Rex mum and dad. Tabby and I were just two coincidences. When our mum took a walk on a dark evening she was attacked, (by one or two tom cats) the result being Tabby and I.”

“OK Nera, spare me the details, I am sure your origins are something special.”

“Mrs. Human, I am something special. My dad was a wonderful guy. He had green eyes and a long black fluffy tail, although mum said she was not sure about the rest. Everything went so fast afterwards.”

“Of course, Nera’s dad was not my dad” said Tabby.

“But I thought you were litter sisters.”

“We are Mrs. Human, we were born together, but our dad’s were completely different. Mum had one of those nights where she was probably high on cat mint and was not so particular.”

“So who was your dad Tabby?”

“You really don’t want to know Mrs. Human.”

“In other words” continued Nera “Tabby does not know. There was a story about a wild cat in the area.”

“You mean that is why Tabby has such pointed ears with small tufts of fur at the edge.”

“Do we have to talk about this Nera. Yes it is true, my dad was one of the wild ones. Mum shared some of her cat mint with him and it was love at second sight, having already met Nera’s dad a few minutes before. “

“I must say you felines do have complicated relationships. So what do you think actually drew your mum to the two fathers?”

“Mrs. Human we are felines, we go in the direction the wind blows and those tom cats have quite a strong scent sometimes. Nothing drew her to our dads, she was in the mood and it just happened. And now time for a sleep. I really do not want to give a lecture on the sex life of a feline.”

Nera and Tabby walked off with a sort of smile on their whiskers. Were they telling the truth or just making fun of me? You never know where you are with felines.



Click here for more

No comments:

Post a Comment