Followers

Friday 14 February 2014

WordPress Daily Prompt: It's Friday, I'm In Love

Remember your first crush? Think about that very first object of your affection. Oh, the sweaty palms. The swoony feeling in your stomach. Tell us the story of your first crush. What was it about this person that made your heart pound? Was the love requited? Change the names to protect the guilty or innocent if you must! No judgement here. Happy Valentine’s Day! 

Photographers, artists, poets: show us SMITTEN.




Valentine cake


So let us get a few things straight. You can do this to a 16 year old; even perhaps someone in their early twenties, but not to a 67 year old golden oldie does not even remember having a first crush. But wait a minute, of course I do, it was called “orange crush” and I quite liked it for quenching the thirst. It came in a bottle and was orange juice.

It is Valentine’s Day today, so let us get in the mood. I remember my first idea of a Valentine ’s Day. According to my dad Al Capone made Valentine’s Day famous by lining up a few members of a rival gang in a garage somewhere, in Chicago and having them gunned down, hence my first confrontation with St. Valentine’s Day had a historical meaning. My dad was a fan of gangster films and I am sure that he had absolutely no romantic memories of this day otherwise. In my early days we had no television, so we went to the cinema (movies) for our entertainment. Jason Robarts played Al Capone in the film and believe it or not, even Jack Nicholson had a role, although his name was not mentioned. So I had no chance to get romantic, it was known as the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre.

I sort of had a “swoony” feeling this morning in my stomach when I went shopping. I was sure that today’s daily prompt might would be based on something romantic. For this purpose I was taking photos all over the supermarket of romantic subjects. I convinced Mr. Swiss we should buy some St. Valentine Day cookies, although it did not need so much convincing. He is quite partial to a cake now and again. I did not tell him I needed them to take a photo for my daily blog, although he was a little suspicious as I do not usually buy such articles. I was a little disappointed as these little cakes were all I found. There were a few flower arrangements decorated with the usual shiny plastic hearts, but these were not worthy of a prize winning Valentine’s Day blog.

So now you are all waiting for my confessions of my first love unrequited or the ones that got away. Sorry to disappoint, but I cannot remember them, I have even forgotten their names. It is not that I do not have a romantic bone in my body, but Mr. Swiss is often mentioned in my blogs: too often he says.

I almost had a guilty feeling when I saw how many people are putting their partners on pedestals in Facebook and praising their virtues for the whole Facebook world to read and to see in photos. I was wondering if I should also do something like this, but Mr. Swiss found “forget it”, so I have and as usual he is right.

I would just add if any of my ex male friends are reading this blog and still have pains of unrequited love or fond memories of how it was and could have been, then forget it. I am too busy looking after Mr. Swiss and writing my daily prompt. 


Click here for more

4 comments:

  1. Not sharing a romantic meal & wine with Mr Swiss this evening, then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I don't think so. We can be glad if we do not fall asleep when watching the TV

    ReplyDelete