Followers

Wednesday 5 February 2014

WordPress Daily Prompt: Isn't your Face Red?

When was the last time you were embarrassed? How do you react to embarrassment? 

Photographers, artists, poets: show us RED.




Horse in Feldbrunnen


I have never seen a horse with a red face, although sometimes they should be a little more discrete with what they show and when. It is not everyone that is armed with a camera and shoots at the right wrong moment.

Now to embarrassment and its problems: I had to tax my brain quite strongly to find the time when I was embarrassed. I did ask someone, who found that I would probably ignore the fact that I was embarrassed if I was. Oh, I am so perfect. I tried hard and discovered that there was a small incident last year sometime in November. I had to see my doc for a check-up. I organised my Friday afternoon, postponing my blog writing and my Tai Chi practice until the evening. It was all very inconvenient, but when the doc calls you must obey, he is not waiting for you alone.

I entered the doc’s office and approached the desk.

“Yes” said one of his white ladies (they always seem to wear white).

“I have an appointment with Doctor…….”

“Name”

“Mrs. Angloswiss”

She looked into her computer and began to move the mouse and her fingers. She then called another whitely clad person and they were both searching. I felt very important having two of these medical ladies paying attention to my appointment.

“Are you sure it was for today” said white lady No. 1. “We cannot find your name here.”

Was I embarrassed? Not really, I was convinced my name should have been there. Perhaps I should have checked the appointment card before going to the docs.

“I have found it” said white lady No. 2.

I was reassured. Lady No. 1 must have been new in the job.

Lady No. 2 continued “your appointment is for next week at the same time.”

“Oh” was my answer, still not being embarrassed. I was sure that perhaps white lady No. X had filled out my card with the wrong date.

“I will see if the doc will see you” and both white ladies disappeared. In the meanwhile I took a seat between sneezing customers. After a while one of the white ladies appeared and said the doc would see me as an exception. No, it was not to apologise for giving me the wrong time, but he made time for me. I am still not sure if I was embarrassed, being an exception was not what I expected.

I was a little red in the face yesterday, but not because I was embarrassed. I was a little annoyed. How could he do it? Just because he is a millionaire and is successful in his job, he does not have to choose 4th February as his tenth anniversary. I am talking about Mark Zuckerberg of course and his Facebook. Before grounding an organisation you check to ensure that the founding day does not coincide with another important day. Mr. Mark Zuckerberg decided to ignore me on this day and my wedding anniversary. He snatched the limelight from my day, although I am 35 years ahead. Yes, Mr. and Mrs. Swiss were married 45 years yesterday. Mark Zuckerberg did not even send me a card or some flowers.

All he did was to organise some sort of Facebook gag called “Facebookfilm” where all your photos are incorporated into one big video. Of course I ignored this attempt to appease my feelings. He will not get away with it that easy. I foiled him as I stopped posting photos on Facebook about a year ago and cancelled most of them. I am sure he now has a guilty conscience when he noticed that my Facebookfilm has not been used, even if the other five million decided to follow this stupid idea.


Click here for more

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if Mark will feel embarrassed when he finds out?

    Congratulations to you both on your anniversary yesterday :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think Mark is too busy counting his millions to notice.

      Delete