Followers

Friday 20 December 2013

WordPress Daily Prompt: Random Act of Kindness

Tell us about the time when you performed a secret random act of kindness — where the recipient of your kindness never found out about your good deed. How did the deed go down? 

Photographers, artists, poets: show us SECRET.




A secret stream, not really but it appears out of the dark and churns onwards. Who knows what sites it has seen on its way and perhaps we would not want to know.


Today I am at a loss for words and that does not happen often, even my photo programme as done new things and I can only add pictures with a copy paste effort, not being able to use their newly styled html codes which do not work. I must be a mean, selfish old lady who could not care less about the others in this connection.

On the other hand I have been known to donate to charities without mentioning my name and address. I even worked for the voluntary first organisation in my village doing their accounts and taking part in many exercises including CPR, attending to the injured in an accident. I was on standby, although I was never called out. Voluntary means not being paid for the job, just getting on with it.

I have never found it necessary to do a secret random act of kindness, I just do it if necessary and I have definitely never been interested in knowing what happens afterwards or keeping check of how the deed went down.

As said I am probably only interested in I, me and myself and really have nothing more to say.

This morning I braved the supermarket with a list and Mr. Swiss at my side. I was wondering if famine had broken out in Switzerland. People were buying as if it would soon be doomsday. I saw tropical fruit, also strange forms of nut life. Basically I am an orange, tangerine, apple person and do not really need lychees or passion fruits in my fruit salad. It is because of Christmas you say? Aha, then we buy things that we not normally eat during the year because it is Christmas. I get it all wrong sometimes.

Of course I do special Christmas dinners, they are many. On Christmas Eve we have the main celebration and No. 1 and No. 2 son will be there. No. 2 son will disappear afterwards, travelling to stay with his girlfriend’s family. I will continue with the cooking marathon on Christmas Day and Boxing Day and then we will be fed, probably suffering from overeating.

The meat has been ordered (you never know, there might not be any meat left) a buying plan has been established and the deep freeze is stuffed full. Am I glad it is not custom to have a turkey in Switzerland. I would have to keep a live bird out in the yard and look it in the eyes when its time has come, hiding a chopper behind my back with three felines licking their lips and looking on. I just would not have room for the bird in the freezer. No, I have clinically packed filet of beef, some veal and of course a ham. The veg has already been bought; thank goodness you do not have to kill a brussel sprout or a red cabbage.

I am not a vegetarian, neither are my felines.

“Mrs. Human, we can only eat meat Our delicate digestive system cannot even manage a pea, let alone a brussel sprout.”

With these intelligent words of wisdom from my chief feline Nera, I will close this stupid blog. Will be back to wish all happy seasonal days when a normal sensible daily prompt arrives on the scene again. They seem to be few and far between at the moment and always seem to start with “Tell us about ……”.


No comments:

Post a Comment