Followers

Saturday 2 November 2013

WordPress Daily Prompt: Conflicted

You’re in the middle of a terrible argument, and everyone turns to you to help resolve it. How do you respond? How do you react to conflict? 

Photographers, artists, poets: show us a CONFLICT.




Roschti

“Who me, an innocent sweet little ginger cat. I never touched your stupid mouse.”

“Now listen Roschti freak, I am the chief around here, they call me Nera and when I say you stole my mouse you did.”

I decided to step in before an ear was chewed or a nose was scratched.

“Nera what is the matter, I can hear your moans and groans indoors. Oh hello Roschti, paying a visit to my felines?”

“No he is not Mrs. Human, he is invading our territorial rights, isn’t he Tabby and Fluffy?” and the other members of the cat clan scratched their claws in approval, or were they just sharpening them.

“Hello Mrs. Human” said Roschti, “exactly, I was just paying my respects to the felines that own you and already I am accused of stealing their lunch, a mouse. I never even saw a mouse. I just wanted to say hello.”

“Come on Roschti freak, even Mrs. Human won’t swallow that one. Since when do felines pay respects, they jump in on the territory and hover around until they can take over.”

“But Nera….”

“No buts Mrs. Human. Remember the morning when you found Tabby and I in a corner and Roschti had broken into our sleeping quarters and was sleeping on our cat tree. Don’t believe him, it is all lies.”


Roschti the new cat in town


“Roschti is this true, do you really want to move in here?”

“That is really asking a silly question Mrs. Human” said Tabby. “Since when do felines tell the truth so do not bother asking. Now Roschti you have two paw lengths to disappear.”

“Otherwise what?”

“MRS. HUMAN”

“Yes Nera”

“Roschti is threatening us and sharpening his claws. He is also hissing. I think he wants to fight. Open the cat flap, and throw water over him.”

They were the last words I heard from my three cats as they all speeded past me into the safety of my their home. A wet Roschti then left our territory, carrying a mouse between his teeth and that feline fight was finished – until the next time.

Somehow I think I should have a few serious words with the felines in connection with standing up to responsibility and not running away from it, on the other hand they are now sleeping their cat naps and I am sure the whole thing will be forgotten when they wake up.

Click here for more

3 comments:

  1. missed your great writing which is humourous and insightful at the same time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roschti does the 'sweet innocent' look really well. Definately not to be trusted!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw Roschti is so cute...I like the way you crossed out the word my :)

    ReplyDelete