Followers

Tuesday 29 October 2013

WordPress Daily Prompt: Pep Rally

We all know someone who could use a pep talk… so write them one! 

Photographers, artists, poets: show us CHEER.




Twilight in Feldbrunnen


“Come on, chin up and smile. What’s the worry?”

“Huh, someone talking?”

“Yes, me up here.”

“Who up here, I can only see the sky.”

“Yes, that’s it, See the dot in the middle – that’s me just passing through, so I thought I would say hi and what’s up.”

“You mean there is a …….”

“Now let’s not get enthusiastic.”

“But it is not every day that the sky talks to me, and I did not know that the sky talks.”

“I am talking, but sky is something else. I told you to concentrate on the dark bit in the middle.”

“OK, I am concentrating, but only see a dark patch surrounded by one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen.”

“Well that is just a coincidence, all done by the weather conditions, light reflections and things that make you go “Wow” in the evening. So, why worry?”

“It’s all very well for you to ask, you are just floating past. I am here to stay and now I am really worrying about that dark patch in the sky. Are you from another planet, ready to conquer the world?”

“No, nothing like that and if I was I do not want your world wrapped up in pink ribbons as a gift. You make enough problems down there.”

“I suppose you have a point.”

“Of course I do. Wars, starvation, catastrophes, corrupt governments and you think you have a problem. What is your problem that cannot be solved or conquered?”

“I am …. No, you are right Mr. Dot in the sky, I do not have any problem in comparison to others in the world. I will survive, and the next time you float past, can you bring another sunset with you like the one I can see now.”

“Will do, if I happen to be in your piece of world again, although it might be another colour, the sky does what it wants and not what I want.”

And the dark patch moved on hoping that the wind would carry him to a place where he could weep a few tears to keep everything in balance. There were some places in the world where rain would be a blessing.
 


Click here for more

1 comment: