Followers

Sunday 6 October 2013

WordPress Daily Prompt: Mixed Tape Masterpiece

You make a new friend. Make them a mix tape (or playlist, for the younger folks) that tells them who you are through song. 

Photographers, artists, poets: show us MUSIC.




Glockenspiel


No, Daily Prompt, I am not going to plaster my blog with videos and song titles to show you who I am through song. There are blogs and blogs, and I am very wide minded when accepting the tastes of others. We all have different music tastes and to be quite honest those are the blogs I generally avoid reading. They are boring, just copy paste, and nothing original. Sorry to be such a grumpy geezer, but who cares what I like to listen to and so why should I listen to dozens of tracks that mean nothing to me from others.

I like most music, be it hard rock, jazz, chansons, and take it in my own time. I am not prepared or ready to listen through tracks, YouTube films, to say “ooh” and “aah” when I hear what others are listening to. Do you honestly want to be confronted with dozens of Paolo Connte songs (who???), Lucia Dalla (he is the Italian singer that died a few months back), or a few jazz tracks I happen to like, probably not.

I am sure I would bore everyone with my taste, because it definitely will not be your taste. I am not going to ambush you into listening to my music and I will not be ambushed in listening to yours. Actually I do have better things to do on a Sunday afternoon than write about this pseudo world of tracks and films showing singers and their songs that interest no-one except for me.

The photo shows chimes I discovered on a wall in the town of Rheinfelden on the Swiss border to Germany. A pleasant background music when taking a walk in the picturesque town.

And now to listen to silence, except for the soft sound of a little bell that my cat Fluffy wears around his neck to warn the birds when he takes a walk in the garden. He is just having a feline scratch – I wonder what he has in his fur this time? I can also hear the faint sound of traffic, very much in the distance and as if to accompany this blog, a motor cyclist just passed through on the road to show he is going somewhere. And Mr. Swiss has left me for half an hour or so, to the hobby room in the cellar. He has parked his drums there and decided to have a practice. A music reserved for him at the momet – a drum practice can become monotonous.

Would my music tell you who I am? I do not think so. I am sure you will not love me for my music taste, as I would not love you. I tell you enough in my blogs and if you read them you can judge for yourself. I am who I am. Mr. Swiss has put up with me and my music 46 years and I have put up with his tastes, that is what counts.


Click here for more

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on this one!! A pointless exercise. As pointless as discussing politics or religion, in my opinion. Each to their own!!

    ReplyDelete