Followers

Monday 22 July 2013

WordPress Daily Prompt: The Stat Connection

Go to your Stats page and check your top 3-5 posts. Why do you think they’ve been successful? Find the connection between them, and write about it.

Photographers, artists, poets: show us CONNECTIONS.




Walkway Migros Langendorf


Our local supermarket in Langendorf, Switzerland, has many devious ways of connecting if you arrive by car. A walk across this architectural construction brings you safely from the car to the shopping emporium.

But this is all about the stat connection. To be quite honest, I very rarely study my stat connection. Of course I see it every time I log into my dashboard, but like most things in life, it is there and you take it for granted.

The only time I was really thrilled and had a high five blog of life was when WordPress sent me an e-mail telling me I had been featured on Freshly Pressed. This was another feature of WordPress that I did not even know existed. I then discovered that it was a weekly challenge that had been chosen. The title was “A matter of Speaking” where I discussed the usage of dialect in every day life. As I grew up in a dialect world, I just wrote of my experiences. Afterwards I was bombarded with likes, comments and views. Fellow bloggers who did a click, please again accept my thanks for this.

I write the daily prompt every day. Sometimes the subject appeals to my twisted sense of humour and sometimes not. Today I am not sure. Am I supposed to indulge in self-praise and tell everyone all about the fantastic prize winning blogs I have written? I have no idea what makes a blog successful. Perhaps it is the telling of private secrets, personal experiences that magnetize the viewer’s imagination. You are all waiting for a confession that I told Wikileaks the names of the people owning numbered Swiss bank accounts. I did not, and I do not have one. I have to pay my taxes as everyone else in this land of cows, snow-capped mountain peaks and William Tell lookalikes. It seems it is only politicians, Hollywood film stars and a few oil tycoons that have to remember what the number was.

The real reason, of course, is waiting for the day when I write about being awarded the Pulitzer/Nobel/Man Booker prize. I am still working on my latest book, Fifty Shades of WordPress and will definitely send a copy to all when it is published. You might be lucky and be amongst the lucky few to have tickets for the presentation of the award. As most of my fellow authors are in the States, it will probably take place in Carnegie Hall – I just love New York.

Drawing to a close, I would say the connection lays in my wonderful gift of writing, captivating hundreds thousands with my daily works of life in Switzerland. At the moment I am writing this masterpiece sitting outside on the porch, a blind to shade my head from the intense rays of the sun (I have to protect my brain) and concentrating on yet another daily blog.

“What did you say Mr Swiss? I am overdoing it and you have better things to do than read again another unsuccessful daily blog that no-one really interests.”

Sorry for the interruption. Some people are probably just jealous of my talent.

Click here for more

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure that Pulitzer will be along any day now..........

    ReplyDelete