Followers

Wednesday 31 July 2013

WordPress Daily Prompt: Pat On the Back

Tell someone you’re proud of just how proud you are. 

Photographers, artists, poets: show us SUCCESS.




Moon 6


I was a little bit proud of this photo. I had a new camera for everyday use. I tried it on a moon picture as I am not so good at moon photos – too much fiddling around on the DSLR and this was the result.

Now for the bare truth. What do you want to read? Yes, I am proud of my kids, proud of my husband and proud of me. I am not going to write a blog laudation about how fantastic and marvellous everyone is. It would be embarrassing to the people concerned and it would be boring. I am not going to paste photos of the family everywhere, it is my blog, I write it and I will do what I want.

I can really be a selfish piece of work sometimes, but the subject of this prompt is just not my thing.

I did a quick check and saw that I discovered the daily prompt last year in November and since have written a daily contribution without missing a day or a prompt. Now that is really something to be proud of. I have done it, in spite of the fact that I have three felines to feed and spoil, a Mr. Swiss who also gets fed now and again to make sure he survives, and a son at home who mostly does it all himself. I also clean the floors every day (we have a tiled floor, with the exception of one carpet and that is Mr. Swiss department). I shop three times a week with Mr. Swiss to make sure that we stay alive. At the age of 66 I began Tai Chi once a week.

I make sure that my garden does not die from drought, or is blocked with weedy appearances.

I even learned how to drive a car at the age of 38 and they all drive on the wrong side of the road in Switzerland, although everyone does. It is only Great Britain and I think Cyprus that drive on the other side of the road. I had 95 lessons before taking the test, but I passed the first time. We were all proud of me then as we were all convinced I would never do it.

I learned how a computer works. I did not grow up with bytes and I remember my first attempt at gaming with a floppy disc and instructions from son No. 2. Eventually he had to wait for mummy to finish with the computer before he could play a game. What a great invention. I decided to broaden my knowledge and took a course to learn how to make web sites. I was no Bill Gates, but I completed the web assistant and then gave up. At least I can still understand html.

I found out how a camera works and photoshop.

Etc. Etc. I could go on for pages about how good I am and what I have achieved. And I speak Swiss German all day which is more necessity than choice.

So that’s that. Now I am going to cross post this blog on FB and Blogger and afterwards will wipe down the doors in the apartment to free them of various paw marks and the odd finger print. A woman’s work is never done. Afterwards I will have a read on my iPad and then it will be time for something to eat. Mr. Swiss does the evening food, I do the midday food. Sometimes I do the evening food if there are technical problems with the preparation, although that is only once a week when I prepare something out of this world and gault millau suspicious.

Oh, life is one big stress when you are so perfect. You have so many goals to keep up with.


Click here for more

2 comments:

  1. Great shot of the moon, one to be proud of. If there's one thing I've yet to achieve in my own photography, it's a good shot of the moon.

    I, too, passed my driving test in my late thirties, and also passed at the first attempt.

    I'm fairly proud of my photography, of the standard I've achieved without having any really expensive high-end equipment. I'm proud of keeping the Picture This site alive after the demise of Multiply and that it's still going strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that Images and Words have now open a site on Facebook and got an invitation to join. I joined, but am not so happy about it. There is also a mention that you can also post you pictures in Muze news. I left Muzenews some time ago after a second attempt to try it. I asked yesterday if it still exists in Blogger and the answer was yes it is still there. I do not partake so much any more, am too busy with my daily prompt and picture this is my photo site. Cannot be everywhere at once. I don't know how much to partake in that site. Seems a shame to me that no-one mentioned it here, as there are some that are not members in FB or Muzenews.

      Delete