Followers

Saturday 11 May 2013

WordPress Daily Prompt: I want to know what love is

We each have many types of love relationships - parents, children, spouses, friends. And they're not always with people; you may love an animal or a place. I there a single idea or definition that runs through the varieties of "love"?



Crane Fly

Tomorrow is mother’s day for most of us. The British had theirs in March some time. Anyhow this crane fly must have had a mother, otherwise he would not be here. Did he love his mother? I am not acquainted with the life of crane flies, but I doubt if he ever saw her. Just an anonymous egg amongst many others and he grew and became an adult crane fly that decided to sit on my kitchen window long enough for me to take a photo. A photo which I played with a bit in a photo shoppy programme (little things please little minds). So here we can forget love, more like instinct probably.
What is this love that we all like to talk about. All I can say is find out for yourself and a blogging site or any other social media is not the place.

I am in Facebook and see every day where the members plaster their walls with the “I love my father, mother, son, daughter, cat, dog etc.” posters, declaring love for everyone and everything and even writing details of how wonderful the person is and what they did to deserve this canonisation. It is too personal for me to tell all the millions of FB members my feelings in that way, so I just go on to playing a brainless game or looking at a few nice photos. .

There is also the other side of the coin, where victims of bad treatment like to tell everyone on Facebook about the brute of a boyfriend they have and speaking all sorts of insults against that person. Is it all true, or not? Who knows?

Such personal feelings are better left. For that we have a private sphere.

I don’t even write stories about love, at least not true love. Most of my love stories finish where someone is murdered or a crime of jealousy takes place. I just cannot be serious about lovey feelings when I write for the public eye.

So I will now prepared my evening meal, which I love eating, afterwards will do some photo work on my computer, which I also love doing and this evening will probably stuff myself with potato chips and coca cola which I also love, although my diabetes does not. All in all I love life and my cats, my husband, my father, my felines, my facebook friends (who?) my garden, and WordPress for enabling to love blogging.

Have a nice mother’s day, those that are mothers and have a nice day wherever you are if you are not a mother. 


No comments:

Post a Comment