Followers

Wednesday 29 May 2013

Creative Challenge 253: Instruments

Being married to Dr. Jazz, I could not resist this one. The photo is from the local High School big band accompanied by one of our local jazz musicians and the words are from titles of Jazz songs.




Instruments


The musicians decided to Take Five. They went on a trip to Green Dolphin Street because they were In a Sentimental Mood. On the way they met Stella By Starlight, but she was meeting The Girl from Ipanema as she Don’t Get Around Much Anymore.

It was a Blue Moon and then Mac The Knife appeared. “Mercy, Mercy, Mercy” they cried, but there was no escaping fate, so they all took a jump in the Moon River. We Ain’t Misbehaving they thought, and soon they were Back At The Chicken Shack.

In the meanwhile Mac The Knife took a trip down Baker Street. He saw a Skylark that was saying Bye Bye Blackbird and decided to cross over to the Sunny Side of the Street because it was Summertime.

He went down to the St. James Infirmary to sing a Song for My Father. Afterwards he decided to Take the A Train when he saw a Satin Doll. Hello Dolly he said I Get a Kick out of You, it just Had to Be you. At last I have found Someone to Watch over Me and it started to rain Pennies from Heaven.

Just Fly Me to the Moon, I am Feeling Good and Don’t Get Around Much Anymore. I Got Rhythm and I Left My Heart in San Francisco so Round Midnight he Hit The Road Jack and spent the night with his Honeysuckle Rose.


Click here for more

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic creativity at work here Pat! I thought though you'd say something like this: "In the meanwhile Mac The Knife fled from Baker Street to avoid super sleuth Sherlock Holmes." ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know other word to drop but FANTASTIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Baker Street .

    A nice take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to like Jazz music during my youth.
    Nice photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is fabulous! All of those great songs and creative framing on the photo! Truly creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative!! Great use of all those famous song titles :-))

    ReplyDelete
  7. what makes this so special, besides being a terrific write...is the time, thought, and digging thru the 'memory bank'

    It is obvious you really poured yourself into this...that's what makes it awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. My husband is a jazzer and after 46 years of marriage I do know all the tunes. Obviously I cannot just pull them from my fingers, so had some prompt from a Internet site. However, it was a lot of work, but I enjoyed it and Mr. Swiss gave me a little help.

      Delete
  8. These instruments and songs do say a lot.

    ReplyDelete