Followers

Sunday 3 February 2013

WordPress Daily Prompt: Writing Room

A genie has granted your wish to build your perfect space for reading and writing. What's it like?



Export department



Looks good, doesn't it. But no, it is not my sort of thing really.

All I want is a room somewhere
No noise or having to share
Just one comfortable office chair
That would be my dream

I would not need any food or drink
Just a laptop and time to think
To muse on a subject and let my thoughts sink
That would be my dream

Just pondering and grasping an idea
Discovering a plot with an outcome so clear
A window view with no noise to fear
That would be my dream

Perhaps a cat sleeping sound
To inspire and calm,  peace would be found
My stories would form an agreeable mound
That would be my dream

No luxury needed, just a window for light
Perhaps I might see some birds in flight
My creations develop it would be a delight
That would be my dream


And reading: That is no problem. A comfortable chair and I can forget the surroundings when I have my nose in a good book

4 comments:

  1. Nicely written and perfectly described :-)) Sounds a bit like my perfect space, too, except there would be food/drink available, but no cat :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all of that Pat plus the food and drink. LOL

    Love your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice looks like a European room :)
    I am with you, comfy chair, cat, but I need tea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photo was from the days gone by - it was my desk in the office when I was a working woman

    ReplyDelete