Followers

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Mono Monday Plus October 11th, 2010

A couple of weeks ago I went for a cheerful walk over the local cemetery. There is nothing like a cemetery for finding material for a photographic expedition, and this time I was not disappointed. I found this little fellow decorating a last resting place and decided, this is perfect. Ivy hanging down from his head and a few other features worth playing with. Here is the original photo
.
Cemetary, Solothurn
I decided to work as much as possible in photoshop. I have the programme and have neglected it, mainly because I always feel a bit uncertain with it. So, I decided the more I use it, the more I understand. I put the original photo in photoshop and converted it into b/w, doing a bit of twisting and twiddling until I was happy with the contrasts. I then put the photo again into photoshop and made two layers, on top the b/w photo and beneath the original. I then used the magic wand and removed the b/w of the ivy leaves to bring back the colour into the leaves. I decided this was a minimum job, and I would have to invest a bit more time and energy to make everyone happy. I then chose two other photos of mine.

Nera
This is my big cat Nera - you probably might have met her before on my site. Actually all I wanted was her eyes. I put the photo into Photoshop and removed them (virtually speaking of course) and put them in place on my little statue. I dodged around on them to make the colour a bit more intensive. I was still not happy.

Nera yawning
Here we have Nera again, but not to worry. I think she was just yawning in the picture. Anyhow this time I wanted her mouth. I put the photo in photoshop, cut out what I wanted and put it on my little statue. Now this was the first time that I had cut anything out in photoshop to put anywhere. I just clicked on a few tools and eventually found the right one.

So after all this work I decided to take the easy way out and put my final photo in Piknik for a frame. Nothing flashy. Here is the final result.

head with leaves eyes mouth
Click here for larger size

No comments:

Post a Comment