Followers

Wednesday 8 August 2012

Images and Words Week #170 - Those were the days

Aunt Ada Pauline Steve Me dad uncle Harry mum

Have to make an exception this week as in those days we did not have digital cameras and I did not take this photo but my cousin's twin brother. Every year, like most working class english families, we had a two week holiday and often went to the Isle of Wight, an island off the South coast of England. It was not just mum and dad and me, but half the family, so let me introduce you starting on the left of the top row.

My Aunt Ada, my cousin Pauline, cousin Steve (Aunt Ada's son) and me. The middle row on the right, my mum. At the front from the left my dad and uncle Harry, Aunt Ada's husband and my mum's brother. Taking the photo was cousin Kit, Steve's twin brother.

Now we are more than fifty years old. My uncle Harry passed away some time ago and Aunt Ada will be 100 years old next year. My mum also passed away a long while ago, and my dad will be 97 years old this year.

Sorry for the long explanation, but those days just cannot be described in a few words and I will never forget those enjoyable holidays when you realised what a family was. I still have contact with my cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment